All You Need to Know Before Buying a Wireless Mobile Phone Charger
Whilst wireless chargers are a relatively new concept to power iOS and Android mobile devices, they are here to stay. The technology is becoming more common as customers find it more convenient. As more and more mobile device manufacturers are embracing the wireless charging technology, it is quite likely to see wired charging ports disappear from all mobile phones in the next few years. Indeed the new Iphone is muted as being wireless charging only.
Interestingly, removing the charging port from a mobile device improves its water-proofing, providing more flexibility with respect to its use and durability, and also enhances the overall finish of the device. But that’s not all, read on to find out how you benefit from wireless mobile chargers, and how to choose the right one.
Benefits of a Wireless Mobile Phone Charger
Wireless mobile phone chargers offer several benefits. Here are the most common ones:
- Convenience: No fiddling with a cable and finding the right connector. No more arguments over who’s using the USB charging ports. No more untidy cables. The biggest benefit of wireless mobile phone chargers is that it removes the need of dealing with messy cords. It makes the overall mobile device charging process as simple as placing your phone on the charging station. Moreover, with a wireless mobile phone charger you can charge all your smartphones with one charger.
- Compatibility: One of the greatest advantages of wireless mobile phone chargers is that they are cross device compatible, meaning they work with most popular mobile phones, regardless of their charging sockets. Additionally, some wireless mobile phone chargers can even charge devices other than smartphones. 😊
- Combined charging – Charge all your smartphones with one device. With a wireless mobile charger, you can charge various different types of smartphones.
- Radiation Protection from SleepHalo: Sleep Halo’s unique Wireless charger directionally protects mobile users from the radiation emitted by mobile phones while they are charging. Grab wireless mobile charger now >>
Choosing the Right Wireless Mobile Phone Charger
When choosing a wireless mobile phone charger, there are several factors you might like to consider:
- Choosing the Right Standards: Wireless chargers function on several standards, with the most common one being the Qi (pronounced as “Chee”). This standard has been adopted by many globally popular mobile brands. A great quality Qi mobile charger comes with over-voltage and overcharge protection, making them safe for day-to-day use. Many wireless mobile chargers may heat your smartphones, but it shouldn’t be a matter of concern as wireless chargers from established brands come with temperature control function to counteract mobile overheating issue.
- Choosing the Right Wattage: Another important factor to consider is the power output (wattage). In general, wireless chargers’ power output ranges between 5 to 10 Watts. Therefore, along with a quality wireless charger, it is crucial to have great charging cables and adapters. Most of the good quality wireless chargers come with a wall adaptor and USB cable. A smartphone with support for higher wireless charging wattage can be charged using a low wattage (5W) wireless charger, but with a slower speed. Hence, it is suggested to opt for a wireless charger that can support up to 10W.
- Choosing the Right Design: Wireless mobile phone chargers come in various shapes and sizes. Some chargers showcase a pad design, usually circular in shape, while others have stand designs. Regardless of the design, a good wireless charger should have a firm grip to hold the smartphone on the charging surface. Most wireless chargers can even charge your mobile phone through a case, given that they are not made of metal or too thick. Qi wireless chargers work easily with mobile cases, made of silicone, leather or other non-metallic material with a thickness of 3 mm or less.
When buying a wireless mobile phone charger, always choose a CE-certified Qi charger from a reputable brand. Additionally, check for the specifications and requirements of your smartphone or any other mobile device you want to charge using it before making the final decision.